My passion lays in exploring the intersection of technology with the social sciences. For the past year, I have been particularly focusing on blockchains, decentralized technology, and cryptoeconomics. I am currently a research scientist with Tendermint/Cosmos with a focus on Proof of Stake and Blockchain Interoperability.
A blockchain infrastructure company focused on participating in protocols and networks for the decentralized internet.
- Proof of Stake Validators
- Full Nodes
- Interchain Relayers
- Lightning Hubs
Co-Founder and Advisor
Course Designer and Lecturer
- Co-designed and taught the Cryptocurrency Decal (currently called Blockchain Fundamentals) to over 200 students since Fall 2016
- Redesigned Blockchain Fundamentals Decal for publishing as a MOOC on EdX BerkeleyX
- Designed Blockchain Developers Decal offered in Fall 2017
- Designed and taught the Switzerland Decal offered in Fall 2017
I was a student at UC Berkeley studying Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) with a minor in Political Economics. I left my studies after my second year to focus on my work and research in the blockchain space. During my time as a student, I:
At Illumio, a network security company, I worked with React and D3 to create visualizations to allow customers to see network flows between their servers and highlight unusual patterns in order to throw potential red flags and/or optimize security rules, and used ruby scripts to do backend data processing and pattern finding.